Loading...

Sunday, June 1, 2008

Update: Taylor Speaks, Does Not "Demand" Trade

Miami Dolphins DE Jason Taylor was expected to formally, and publicly, demand a trade from the sole team he has known in his career at a press conference at 11:30 a.m. EST on Sunday. Instead, he announced his full intentions to play football in 2008 and will do so with the Miami Dolphins if a trade cannot be completed. While Taylor did make these statements, he would not confirm that he would be at mandatory team training camp in July to the media or the team.

Taylor also said he will skip the team's reamining OTAs and mini-camps and only show up for training camp if not traded. This will cost him about $8,638 in daily fines.
“Do I want to be traded? I want to win in ‘08, and that’s what I want to do. I told the Dolphins from Day One that was my intentions. My intentions right now are to play one more year. I tried to give the Dolphins an opportunity that if they wanted to do something and move me that I was OK with that. If they could get value for me, then do that. That was a conversation we had behind closed doors a long time ago.”
Please discuss in the comment section below and visit a forum thread on PhinsCENTRAL.com for more!

No comments: