Loading...

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Tomlinson Campaigns to be No. 1 Fantasy Pick

San Diego Chargers RB LaDanian Tomlinson wants your vote. No, he’s not campaigning for Barack Obama or John McCain. He wants to be your No. 1 fantasy draft selection.

Tomlinson has been making his rounds on the talk-show circuit, throwing out advertisements and even shaking hands and handing out bumper stickers in Times Square asking fans to trust him to lead their fantasy teams for the 2008 season.

"I should be the No. 1 pick because I'm proven," Tomlinson told The Associated Press. "I've been doing it for a while and have experience helping owners win their leagues. I got a good track record, and I'll be ready on day one."

Awesome. But, maybe not.

It seems LT isn’t doing all of this for himself, but because FOXSports.com is paying him to promote their fantasy games. So much for the great story! If Tomlinson had been doing this on his own, I’d be praising him for being unique, fun and an example for a lot of the guys in the league to learn from.

Instead, he’s a shill.

Nevertheless, I’m giving consideration to not even taking a RB in the first round for the first time in my fantasy career. After seeing how the NFL passing game has exploded and the abilities of Indianapolis Colts QB Peyton Manning and New England Patriots QB Tom Brady to put up huge fantasy stats, one must wonder if it makes any sense to go the power RB route anymore.

No comments: