Loading...

Friday, July 4, 2008

Hot Dog! Chestnut Wins in Playoff

For me, July 4th is about two things: America and baseball.  The problem is, July is in the Summer, and the heat causes people to do some crazy things like, you know, shove 59 hot dogs down their throats for a Mustard Belt.

Now I love hot dogs as much as the next guy, especially Nathan's.  But in no way, shape or form do I want to watch anyone shove food down their throats at that rate.  Especially when the result is a water-soaked bun residue face coating and watching people jump up and down to try to fill themselves with more after tying in regulation.

I watched the highlights, Joey Chestnut won, the title stays on U.S. soil.  Great.  Takeru Kobayashi is quickly turning into the Atlanta Braves of this contest.  Now I'm going to celebrate what this day is really about: watching the New York Yankees and Boston Red Sox while eating maybe two hot dogs of my own.

No comments: